A Kenyan man from Nairobi, Kibera Estate is nursing serious injuries at Kenyatta national Hospital after his phone exploded while he was charging it. Mwaniki had left his mobile phone charging, on his bed while he slept.
Since he lives alone, a neighbour found him badly burnt and unconscious. The neighbour had seen smoke emanating from his house and rushed to check what might have occurred only to find him burning.
Mwaniki’s mother spoke to the Narobian magazine saying that it was by luck that the neighbour saw the smoke otherwise it would have been tragic. His mobile phone exploded while he was asleep causing fire in the house. The doctor assured them that Mwaniki was doing well. He also suspected that the patient could be suffering from a perforated eardrum.
The nurses said that he was still under assessment and that they had to stabilize him first.
“The doctor has assured us that the burn was not that deep, and that he will be okay, “said his mother. The brand of the phone that he was using has not yet been confirmed.
Latest posts by Dorine Otinga (see all)
- Tribalism in Kenya will Hopefully Decline with Next Generation - 16 January 2019
- Kenyan Woman Recounts Memory of Surviving Post-Election Violence - 9 January 2019
- Oprah’s Tyler Perry Series Touches Kenyan Woman’s Life - 2 January 2019