Everybody on the world forums is aware of the current situation of Palestine. The hostilities, violent incidents and tension between Palestine and neighboring country are the evident facts. This not only affecting & impacting the daily life of the Palestinian people but is also restricting the development of the country as a whole.
At one side of the world we are talking about the great innovations, with the help of growing technology, which is changing the scenarios of life and making life as easy & effortless as it can be but at the same time when we look around, we also find the countries which are fighting for their existence. Palestine is also on this side of the world, which is living under the shadow.
Poor infrastructure, power outages, a weak economy, and unstable political structure make it more difficult to fight for the access to the affordable digital world.
This creates a digital-divide means a social and economic inequality with respect to the access, impact, and use of ICTs (Information and Communication Technologies). This digital divide can also be referred to the inequalities between geographic area, businesses, households, and individuals but this applies on the developed countries not on struggling developing countries where access is very limited at the country level like in Palestine.
But still some actions and work can be done towards solving this and closing this digital divide for Palestine;
- Make a clear timeline and roadmap with proper budget allocation via Government and International financing agencies involved and associated with UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which help the developing countries in these directions.
- Make it compulsory at the school and college level where students know about the importance of digital access. Get tie-up with the institutions or experts who are working to help students.
- Connect the schools, colleges or any section to the global communities to get help from them and make them digitally empowered.
- Try to work upon the existing business models, how they are working and how they can be more improved effectively & efficiently. Get experts from the respective fields from other countries.
- Invest in the infrastructure as, without this, everything will remain in the void.
A digital world is invented by humans only, so it’s not something which can’t be built or accessed by any developing countries. It’s just getting the right thing in the right place to have everything right.
Latest posts by Lama El Banna (see all)
- 2019 Brings Hope for My Country, Palestine - 4 January 2019
- Trump’s Jerusalem: What it Meant to Palestinians in 2018 - 28 December 2018
- Christmas in Gaza has a Different Taste! - 21 December 2018