Sarah Douglas from Alberta was going to her son’s baseball tournament when she went to McDonald to get a latte. She was on her way back when she noticed something was wrong. In her statement, she said, “I immediately had to put my hazard lights on and pull over and spit it out and rinse my mouth out with water”. “I opened up the lid of the coffee and poured out the pungent smell of chemical. The liquid in her cup was a watery brownish color, it was not a latte. Sarah was seven months pregnant with her third child at the time. She later developed a bad stomach experience on Sunday morning. She returned to the restaurant to make a complaint. On getting there, a staff member informed her about two cleaning lines connected to the latte machine, according to The Globe-News. She also while she took a picture of the latte, a co-worker overheard the incident and said it was not the first time it happened. She contacted Alberta Health Services for immediate medical attention. There were no reports of injury or damage to her body since she did not swallow it. She visited her family doctor just to make sure there were no lingering effects. Dan Brown, the owner of McDonald’s franchise released a statement on Wednesday. He said since he learned about the complaint, the team has been in touch with Douglas and sent an apology to her. “McDonald’s is known for its food safety protocols and I am sorry that this happened in my restaurant in Lethbridge. We have taken immediate action to review the proper cleaning procedures with the team and have put additional signage up as an added reminder” he said. Douglas survived the incident but feared that the cleaning fluid might be ingested by kids. “ I want to make sure I have a voice and I am being heard in terms of the safety of consumers, and how the negligence can affect people in such a drastic way,” she said.